About Me

My photo
Born a mid western girl but an ocean girl at heart! My soul belongs to the sea....I am obsessed with the color TURQUOISE and all things beachy. I love nature, the outdoors, dogs,cooking,wine,art backpacking, cycling and reading. I also have a passion for photography and I absolutely love photographing the beach that is where my soul is happiest.! I hope you enjoy following me and my adventures so welcome to my blog, I hope you are inspired. HAPPY BLOGGING !

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th friends, family and fellow bloggers! It is an absolutely beautiful 4th of July weekend here in the mid west! I couldn't be happier. We spent the day on the lake at our families friends house and it was wonderful. We took the canoe around the lake and totally just soaked up all the beauty. It was a perfect day. It's so nice to be around such wonderful people, lots of good food and drink and wonderful stories. Our day ended with some really nice fireworks on the lake, it was a great place to watch them, we had front row seats on the lake!
 On a side note my friend and I just got her etsy shop opened up, she makes the most adorable tanks. She will also be taking custom orders, please take a peak at her shop www.girlogik.etsy.com
Now back to the 4th of July festivities....


 My husband is so sweet he canoed me all around the lake, I have a injured arm so he was so kind to canoe us all around while I happily drank my vino and took photos :-)



How cute is this , this is my parents friends boat it's even has a big paddle on the back like the old riverboats, which you can't see in this pic. The kids love to  jump off the top of the boat and they have even added a slide what kid wouldn't be happy! I just love being on the water no matter where! I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend, let the festivities continue!
Cheers!
xoxo

No comments: