About Me

My photo
Born a mid western girl but an ocean girl at heart! My soul belongs to the sea....I am obsessed with the color TURQUOISE and all things beachy. I love nature, the outdoors, dogs,cooking,wine,art backpacking, cycling and reading. I also have a passion for photography and I absolutely love photographing the beach that is where my soul is happiest.! I hope you enjoy following me and my adventures so welcome to my blog, I hope you are inspired. HAPPY BLOGGING !

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sisters

Do you have a sister? and is she your best friend? My sister just moved away to South Carolina and let me tell you it was the hardest good bye I have ever had to do. I felt like someone cut off a limb. It seemed surreal, my heart was hurting and I just felt numb. We have lived in the same state our entire lives and only 5 min away from each other. Moving to South Carolina has been our dream for a very long time. We both said when we move it will be to South Carolina and we will live very near each other. All I can say is that she means the world to me and right now I just feel lost and I feel like a part of me is missing. We just joked the other day and said we share a brain. Even a friend of ours noticed that we finish each others sentences. I think we were supposed to be twins, our mom even named us very similar she is Carrie Ann and I am Sherry Ann. My mom even used to do our hair the same way and dress us in the same outfits! We do everything together... we vacation together, we sing together, we drink wine together, we truly are best friends! We have on several occasions been shopping together and we have both picked up the same exact item to show each other, too funny ! I know I will be moving to South Carolina within the next year and a half but until then I am going to miss my sister every day until the day we are back together again. We always tell everyone that we are a "package deal" if you get me you get my sister, we have even acquired the same friends. Having a sister is a very special bond if you have a sister than you know what I am talking about! So until I am with my sister again I will be relying on all my girlies to get me through this hard transition period. So as I sit here and post this I raise my glass of vino up to "SISTERS" they ROCK!!! I love you sister ~


Sisters are always there for you no matter when you need them. A sister never judges she just listens and comforts. A sister is kind and caring and forever thoughtful. A sister is there for you when you just need a hug, or a shoulder to cry on. A sister is encouraging and always lifts you up. That is my sister.





4 comments:

Leo said...

What a wonderful post. I wished I had a sister like that in my life - although I am lucky - I have girlfriends that I am that close with - but I am sure - it is not quite the same when it is your sister!!!

ck said...

You are the best sister anyone could ever have! It's like I wrote this post b/c we feel the same feelings and think the same thoughts! :) You will always be my best friend! I love you!!!!

Bella-Fleur said...

Thank you love of the sea for stopping by my blog! and yes it truly is a gift to have a sister! oh and you have cute things on your etsy shop! Love all the beachy things!

Jessica said...

What a cool post. So true too!